If you have any queries about the way FARO uses your personal information or Cookies, please contact FARO’s Data Protection Officer at DSAR@faro.com.
If you wish to manage your Cookies, please follow the instructions in the “How to manage Cookies” section below.
FARO’s marketing function is responsible for managing FARO’s Sites in accordance with this policy and enforces it.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files which a website may place on your computer or device when you visit a site. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. FARO uses the term “Cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies serve many functions. For example, they can help FARO to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well FARO’s Sites are performing, or allow us to recommend content FARO believes will be most relevant to you.
CATEGORIES OF COOKIES
FARO groups its Cookies into the below categories.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance – We use these Cookies to monitor Site performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance Cookies to track error messages, and to determine improvements to our Sites.
- Functionality – FARO uses functionality Cookies to allow us to remember your preferences (e.g. username and language selection) and prevent users from viewing content in an unknown language. For example, we use functionality Cookies to provide you with enhanced services, such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog. Functionality Cookies improve the user experience.
These Cookies do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. For our Sites that offer behaviorally or demographically targeted advertising, you will have the opportunity to turn this off in user account that you may have (e.g. for using WebShare Scene). Please note, if you turn this off you will still see the same number of advertisements, but they may be less relevant to you. You may continue to see “contextual” advertisements that are not targeted based on your personal information – for example, a metrology device advertisement presented on a metrology industry article.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES ON OUR SITES
We also use third party Cookies on our Sites that fall into the categories above (“third party Cookies”) for the following reasons:
- To help us monitor traffic on our Sites (like many companies, we use Google Analytics to do this):
FARO also contracts with third-party advertising networks that may collect information about you and other information from web beacons on our websites, emails, and on third-party websites. These advertising networks follow your online activities over time by collecting website navigational information through automated means, including using Cookies. They use this information to provide advertisements about products, services, and solutions that may be of interest to you. You may see these advertisements on other websites.
- This process also helps us manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts in case the user does not allow us to use Advertising cookies:
- to identify fraudulent or non-human traffic;
- to assist with market research;
- to improve Site functionality;
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
COOKIE SCAN REVIEW PROCESS
FARO scans all web assets that it uses for new Cookies on a annual basis. This means that we update what Cookies are tracked (by us and our third-party partners on our Sites) twice a year. These scans enable FARO to keep track of the Cookies on our Sites, determine the type of Cookies being used for documentation, and to update this policy, if necessary.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES THAT FARO USES?
If you wish to manage your Cookies, please follow the instructions on our FARO Cookie Preference Center. Once you first visit one of our Sites, our FARO Privacy Banner will be displayed to you at the bottom of the Site. You can click “Cookie Settings” in the FARO privacy banner to go to the FARO Cookie Preference Center.
If you want to use FARO’s Sites you have three main options:
- You manage your Cookie preferences in the FARO Cookie Preference Center by clicking “Cookie Preferences” or
Please remember that if you choose to disable Cookies, certain sections of our Sites may not work properly.
For more information about Cookies and how to manage them, please visit: www.AllAboutCookies.org
LISTS OF DOMAINS MANAGED WITH FARO COOKIES
This policy is effective from [Marketing to align with Privacy Office: 2020/01/20].